Pediatric Offices at Willow Bend offers Allergy Testing to adults and children.
Our pediatric office offers an on-site allergy clinic to better diagnose and treat child and adult allergies. We can test for the cause of that persistent running nose or that rash that you, your child gets every spring.
You or your child may suffer from one or more of the following types of allergies:
Food allergy – such as eggs, nuts, milk, etc.
- Outdoor allergies – such as pollen, grass, bug bites or stings, etc.
- Indoor allergies – dust, dust mites, feathers, pets, etc.
Other irritants – perfume, car exhaust, cold air etc.
What are the symptoms of seasonal allergies in children?
Just as with adults, seasonal allergies can cause a wide array of symptoms in children, including:
- Persistent stuffy and runny nose
- Sinus pressure that may cause facial pain
- Itchy, watery eyes
- Scratchy throat
- Persistent coughs, sneezing and/or wheezing
- Increased asthmatic reactions
What are the most effective treatments for seasonal allergies in children?
We offer several proven treatments for seasonal allergies, depending on how severe the symptoms in your child are. Once we determine the allergens, some children can get relief by simply reducing or eliminating exposure to the allergens that bother them.
Additional treatments and recommendations may include:
- Keeping your child indoors when the pollen/mold/weed counts are especially high. It’s also helpful to keep the windows closed and to have your child wash their hands or shower/change immediately after playing outside.
- When reduced exposure isn’t possible or is ineffective, there are medicines we may recommend, including decongestants, antihistamines, and nasal spray steroids.
- If symptoms can’t be managed with medicines, we may recommend allergy shots (immunotherapy), which can aid in desensitizing children to specific allergens.
Call (972) 781-1414 to schedule you and your child’s appointment today!